Stainless Steel Reinforcement

Today my mail included information from the Nickel Development Institute
regarding stainless steel reinforcement bar. It was stated that this type of
reinforcement is used in Europe and that the initial cost difference between
stainless steel re-bar and carbon steel re-bar is low. Also included was a
list of US stainless steel bar manufacturers thereby implying(to me at least)
that this type of reinforcement may have been used for projects in this
country. Since this type of reinforcing would be appealing for concrete
structures subjected to de-icing salts or marine environments, does anyone
have any experience with this product? If so, what was your experience
regarding fabrication, delivery times, field installation, to date
performance, etc.?

Thanks,

Charlie Canitz, PE
Bel Air, MD