Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Stainless Steel Reinforcement[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Stainless Steel Reinforcement
- From: CanitzCF <CanitzCF(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 01:01:26 EST
Today my mail included information from the Nickel Development Institute regarding stainless steel reinforcement bar. It was stated that this type of reinforcement is used in Europe and that the initial cost difference between stainless steel re-bar and carbon steel re-bar is low. Also included was a list of US stainless steel bar manufacturers thereby implying(to me at least) that this type of reinforcement may have been used for projects in this country. Since this type of reinforcing would be appealing for concrete structures subjected to de-icing salts or marine environments, does anyone have any experience with this product? If so, what was your experience regarding fabrication, delivery times, field installation, to date performance, etc.? Thanks, Charlie Canitz, PE Bel Air, MD
- Prev by Subject: Re: Specs: Wide Enough for Two..
- Next by Subject: Re: Stainless Steel Reinforcement
- Previous by thread: Re: Has any one seen .....
- Next by thread: Re: Stainless Steel Reinforcement