Re: Y2K Issue

>With the year 2000 rapidly approaching, is anyone aware of how the operating
>systems, CAD and structural design program vendors intend to address the
>"millenium bug"?
>
>Charlie Canitz, PE
>Bel Air, MD

Bank of America has sent out questionaires on the Y2K problem potential to
small business owners. I have no idea how it may effect CAD systems but know
that all my self written tech spread sheets should not have problems. We are
stictly on pc's but our Novell network server software may be vulnerable. In
addition to that our bookkeeping is done with Quicken which we can
compartmentalize datewise to preclude problems. Would imagine that the firms
utilizing larger micros and mainframe systems will have most to fear from
Y2K. External accounting is our largest area of vulnerability(ie: billing
,receivables , checking and savings accounts etc).