RE: Virtual Standards Committee - Volunteers Needed please read

Shafat,
Thanks for the info - I look forward to the new tools. BTW, from my
understanding, 112Kb transmissions require the use of two 56Kb modems and
two lines. Although this is interesting, a standard has yet to be adopted. I
am interested in what you have found out about this.
The Virtual Standards Committee (VCS) is intended to be an autonomous group
made up of any member who wishes to participate and has only one real
purpose at this time, to establish standards for the distribution and
disemination of information between physical and virtual committees.
Essentially, the committee will be creating standards for the most
productive way to utilize the tools that the CAC creates.
This is a difficult project to undertake and we welcome the help and support
of the CAC at both local and state levels to accomplish this task.
I feel that the VSC should be independent of the CAC since the work will be
accomplished primarily from volunteers of this list - regardless of
affiliation.
The goals of the VSC is to create a standard which will be accepted
nationally or internationally by each professional organization that wish to
work cooperativly. I hope that this will promote others who learn of the VSC
and who may already be in the process of developing standards to allow us to
work together.

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Shall I add you to the list of
members / representatives. Until you will be able to establish a dedicated
list for us, we will be working from Email groups and any technology you
have created (such as IRC chatting) that will assist us in our work.

Dennis Wish PE