RE: Y2K Issue

It is my understanding that this problem will only effect systems that rely
upon retrieving older, archived databases which did not account for dates
past 12/31/99. The ability to distinguish dates past the year 2000 is a bios
issue and is generally not applicable to PC owners since older machines (old
bioses) tend to become extinct and replaced with new bioses or bios
upgrades.
As far as CAD files are concerned, most of these are bios dependent and
should not pose a problem to an office networked from current equipment.
Information created on older main frames and stored on tape may be another
problem due to the structure of the database used - this is why accounting
systems are so vulnerable. They often require retrieval of older records
which do not conform to a four place year but are limited to the last two
digits (i.e., 98,99,00).
Dennis Wish PE