Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Evaluation of Existing Structures[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: Seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Evaluation of Existing Structures
- From: FredT5 <FredT5(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 17:49:12 EST
For those of you practicing in California, there is a duty to warn when an engineer determines that there is an imminent risk of serious injury to the occupants of a building. This duty continues even if the owner expresses an intent not to disclose of this risk or take remedial actions. The engineer still has a duty to warn the identifiable occupants or, if not feasible, to notify the local buildings official or other appropriate authority of such determinations. (68 Ops.Cal.A.G. 250 9/17/85) Fred Turner Staff Structural Engineer Ca. Seismic Safety Commission 1900 K St. #100 Sacramento, CA 95814 916-327-1606 916-322-9476 Fax FredT5(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Prev by Subject: Re: EVAL: Evaluation of existing structure
- Next by Subject: Existing wall/Fdns
- Previous by thread: Top S.E. Firm has positions open.
- Next by thread: re: CONC - Modern concrete frame building