Re: SEAOC Committee Meetings

I cannot believe I am spending (more) time on this issue. Reference to an
abacus is/was not a racial slur but merely a reference to a calculation
device older than a slide rule which, I felt, was consistent to the state
of the art of Frank Lew's open mindedness (or lack thereof) with regards to
the effect virtual committee work could augment the conventional format. I
have owned an abacus. Is someone going to tell me I cannot make reference
to a device I have owned? I think not.

You are right, this is the Internet and you can easily find more offensive
material will very little effort. I have appologized as far as I am going
to and for those still offended, I submit there exists a little
hyper-sensitivity.

With regards to a hypothethical conversation with Rev. Jackson and "living
that day out", my best advise is not to bet your house on it.

Let's put this issue to bed.

Regards,
Bill Allen