RE: Y2K Issue

I have tried this with my computer and the dates are correctly indicated
above the year 1999. As I stated before, the problem stems from older
databases, such as accounting and financial records that use the last two
digits for the year and ignore the century.
The real problem will not be noticed by most until the year 2050 or beyond.
The only problem will be the interpretation of the year in large databases
where the century is ignored.
This can be rectified, but the cost attached to updated the millions or
billions of records saved since the first tape mainframe units is
substantial.
The majority of our community does not have to worry about this problem. The
large companies such as aerospace industries may have some problems and most
certainly does the Federal and State governments.

Dennis Wish PE