Re: Y2K Issue

>With the year 2000 rapidly approaching, is anyone aware of how the operating
>systems, CAD and structural design program vendors intend to address the
>"millenium bug"?
>
>Charlie Canitz, PE
>Bel Air, MD

As a vendor of structural software, we have addressed Y2K compliance on our
web site at
http://www.formsys.com/Formation/FDSCustomerSupport/Year2000.html
There are some other Y2K links there which may also be useful.

Like us, I would expect most PC based vendors of structural software to
have few or no problems with Year 2000 issues. The PC based operating
systems support Year 2000 dates and so as long as you use the standard date
routines and formats the system provides, compliance comes automatically.

Philip Christensen - PhilC(--nospam--at)formsys.com
Formation Design Systems - http://www.formsys.com
Maxsurf for marine design, Multiframe for structural design, Neoform for
industrial design

Philip Christensen - PhilC(--nospam--at)formsys.com - (408) 440 0702