RE: SEAOC Committee Meetings

Thanks for the comments, Jill. We have started a discussion of this. In
fact, Ernie Natividad had suggested a very similar approach, which I think
is very productive.
As you suggest, we would start with a very general catagory (or simply let
list members make recommendations). These would be left on the public list
until some concensus is reached or a the thread dies out. In any event, the
committee will evaluate the thread to see how it can be incorporated into
our work.
Please remember at this time we are only trying to develop standards from
which committees (both virtual and physical) can mutually use to exchange
information. Those interested in doing handeling the more specific
compilation of standards should join the Virtual Specifications Committee
(VSC). At this time, as Jill suggested, we are working together via email
(off this list).
Any suggestions or help anyone wishes to provide to develop useful standards
is encouraged.
NOTE: YOU NEED NO BE A SEA MEMBER TO PARTICIPATE. The goal is to make the
standards universal. Therefore the more diverse our members are the better
chance we have of filtering our work down to something used by other
organizations or chapters.

Thanks again for your comments, they have been added to our list of idea's

Dennis Wish PE