IBC Masonry Special Inspection Requirements

The new IBC 2000 removes Continuous Special Inspection for most masonry
buildings.  In its' place there is something called "Periodic Inspection"
which is defined in one sentence as "intermittent inspection".  What should
this definition really be?
How should Periodic Inspection in Structural Masonry be defined??
R. Sandy Pringle       STRUCTURAL INSPECTION CONSULTANTS Inc.
sandyp(--nospam--at)sic-inc.com 	 (800)598-1970    Fax(310)376-5294
http://www.sic-inc.com	 Hermosa Beach & Redondo Beach, CA

It is not only for what we do that we are held responsible,
but also for what we do not do. -Moliere