Joining SEAOC

As an engineer for a small business, in a small town (with no
structural engineers) how would one go about joining SEAOC?
I am a civil engineer (I just got my stamp on Friday!! woohoo!)
doing mainly structural engineering.  I do not know much less
work with any structural engineers.  Is it an absolute requirement
to have recommendations from SEAOC members or structural
engineers?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Mark M. Pemberton, PE