RE: COMP Backup Software Recommendations

I use Novaback (www.novastor.com, I think.)  Not sure about the dll
conflicts, but I'm reasonably sure it will work with a Ditto Travan 3 drive
(I use it with Windows NT and a SCSI Travan 4 tape drive).  It has a pretty
extensive set of emergency disks and tapes it makes for a total system crash
(haven't tested that feature yet, knock on wood) and does automatic
scheduled backups pretty nicely also.  I'm using it at home, but my office
had used it for several years to do daily backups of our network drives
until recently (changed networks and servers, not sure why we changed
software).

You may want to check out their web page, as well as your tape drive
manufacturers web page.  They'll have more info about hardware/software
compatibility.

Just my $0.02

Paul