Re: COMP Backup Software Recommendations

I have also used Backup Exec ver 5.x. Unfortunately, it uses a file called
"qbwin.dll" which is the same name as a file used by QuickBooks. I have
found (as well as a couple of my colleagues) that there is a conflict which
makes scheduling backup jobs and opening Quickbooks impossible.

I spoke with Seagate yesterday and they have a program out called "Backup
Exec for Win 95, ver 2.0". This program, unlike BE ver 5.x, is compiled in
32 bit code and the file qbwin.dll has been renamed. At their (Seagate's)
website, there is no mention of "Backup Exec for Win95" but there is one
called "Backup Exec for NT" with a retail list price of $149.00.

Thanks for the info,
Bill

----------
> From: Lew Midlam <Lew.Midlam(--nospam--at)lcm.com>
> To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
> Subject: Re: COMP Backup Software Recommendations
> Date: Tuesday, March 03, 1998 7:58 PM
>
> Bill,
>
> I've used Quickbooks and "Seagate Backup Exec" with my TR4 tape drive for
over a
> year without a single glitch.
>
> I previously had a Ditto TR3.  The software that came with it was written
by
> Seagate (actually Arcada which was bought out by Seagate), but was very
'lame'
> compared to BE.  At about $50 street price, it's worth a try.  I assume
you're
> using Windows 95  :-)
>
> Lew Midlam
> http://www.lcm.com
>
> Bill Allen wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a good backup software program for my Travan 3 tape
drive.
> > I originally had the Ditto software (which came with the tape drive).
This