Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Truss Connection[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Truss Connection
- From: Engmail <Engmail(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 08:24:04 EST
The "50% Rule" was put into the spec in 1946 due to difficulties that were encountered in handling shop assembled trusses. Apparently, there were a few connection failures due to handling and erection stresses on light, joist-like trusses. Note the last part of the ASD spec. that states "...unless a smaller percentage is justified by engineering analysis that considers other factors including handling, shipping and erection." Also, the "50% Rule" is not in the LRFD spec.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Truss Connection
- Next by Subject: Try Again
- Previous by thread: Re: Truss Connection
- Next by thread: Raw Data - post-disaster housing