duplication of plans

I have been doing lateral designs for over 3½ years and
have noticed many changes in what's expected of our
structural plans.  This has driven cost up and I have found
that many developers are now more than ever rebuilding
the same homes to remove the engineering cost.  Is there
a standard for charging for duplication of plans or is the
design itself considered the product and therefor not really
subject to repeat charges?  More and more developers are
asking for the orignals so they can make future sets.  Aren't
future sets always required to be stamped and signed by the
engineer of record?  I am pretty much kept out of the book-
keeping portion of the company, but it sometimes worries
me just how far the liability will carry over.  Any comments would
be greatly appreciated.

Mark Pemberton, P.E.