Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
duplication of plans[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: duplication of plans
- From: Jessica Pemberton <jmpember(--nospam--at)softcom.net>
- Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 12:29:30 -0800
I have been doing lateral designs for over 3½ years and have noticed many changes in what's expected of our structural plans. This has driven cost up and I have found that many developers are now more than ever rebuilding the same homes to remove the engineering cost. Is there a standard for charging for duplication of plans or is the design itself considered the product and therefor not really subject to repeat charges? More and more developers are asking for the orignals so they can make future sets. Aren't future sets always required to be stamped and signed by the engineer of record? I am pretty much kept out of the book- keeping portion of the company, but it sometimes worries me just how far the liability will carry over. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Mark Pemberton, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Dues Deduct??
- Next by Subject: RE: duplication of plans
- Previous by thread: Re: SEAOC Dues Increases - Resonse to James Lai's Comments
- Next by thread: RE: duplication of plans