Re: duplication of plans

Mark -

Reuse should be illegal unless you agree to it.  If you do agree, definitely
go for the reuse fee.  You have additional liability.

We include the following language in our standard contract to address this
problem:

"All documents, including drawings, furnished by Parker·Resnick pursuant to
this Agreement are owned by Parker·Resnick.  Any reuse without the specific
written consent of Parker·Resnick is not authorized and will be at the
Client's sole risk and without liability or legal exposure to Parker·Resnick.
Any such consent or adaptation by Parker·Resnick are subject to additional
fees and expenses.  Computations used to formulate engineering opinions are
the sole property of Parker·Resnick, and may not be used without the expressed
written consent of Parker·Resnick."

Good luck,

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.