Re: duplication of plans

I don't agree that duplicate plans should be reduced to levels near 25% of
original price.  Maybe 90%.  Does the builder charge only 25% of his or her
normal fee for the duplicate homes?  Is the first bestseller published at full
price, and then all copies at 25% thereafter?

It all hinges on what the fee is for.  In my opinion, the fee is primarily for
responsibility.  This does not change with more homes being built.  Only about
ten percent or so is the time actually spent crunching numbers.

As always, I say this in the best interests of our profession,
Brian Veit, P.E.