pier design

I am currently designing a roof platform. The lateral resisting system is
composed of moment frames running in both directions. This platform is exposed
and due to space limitations, I have no other choice than using drilled piers
for foundations.  For the embendement length, I divided the moment by the
shear at the base and found an equivalent height for the shear load (ie.
M/V=h'). My questions are:

1. What is the minimum reinf. required.
2. Do I have to design the pier as if it were a column with and axial and a
moment (eventhough it is lateraly braced by the soil) or should I just
consider the moment.
3. Is there a source I can use as a guideline for my design.

I will greatly appreciate any information regarding this matter. Thank you