Fw: wind loads

Mark:

The relationship we use is :

p=.00256*V^2

p=wind stagnation pressure
V=wind velocity

I imagine that this is similar to that which you derived, but you can also
look at Eq (3), page 11 of ASCE 7-88 for a similar expression.

We have to use this because our design wind velocity is 155mph here on
Guam.  Just out of curiousity, is the structure you are designing located
in Okinawa?  This is the only place I know of that has a design wind
velocity higher than 155mph (although I imagine there are other places as
well, I just don't know about them).

Hope this helps.

T. Eric Gillham PE