Pier Design

Martha:

There is an alternative to drilled casson piers.

I am currently the senior engineer for a company called SAFE Foundations. This company has
developed a steel foundation that can be pressed into the ground. (no excavation, no curring
time)

This foundation will take Moment, Lateral Shear, Vertical and Torsion Loads. We have INSTALLED
foundations for Moment Loads of 4500 Kip-Ft. for power transmission lines and for less than 100
Kip-Ft. for Signs.

In its moment configuration the SAFE Foundation has been used for Power Line Poles, Cell Phone
Monopole Towers, Signs of All Sizes, Retaining Walls, POLE BUILDINGS, etc.

We are presently developing a Tri and Quad Tower Configuration.

Additionally there is a compression footing that has been used for Conveyor Belt Lines and
Buildings.

The technology on this is new. However it has been proven and if you are interested I can send
you additional information. The Design information for this is propriatary if you would like
send me the design requirements and soils information for your building foundation and I will
size the foundation for you.

Robert W. Stevens, Jr., S.E., C.E., R.L.S.
Consulting Engineer
Liscensed: CA, Ohio, PA
SAFE Foundations
2200 Spring Garden Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
V. Ph. 412-231-7399
F. Ph. 412-231-8082
engrathm(--nospam--at)ix.netcom.com
Mobil Ph. 412-974-4307

Did not mean to do a commercial but I do get furstratted that information about the SAFE
Foundation has not spread faster. ;(