RE: pier design

I would love a discussion of just WHAT geotechnical info is needed to provide adequate input to LPILE.  We use LPILE Plus for Windows, but it is just as arcane as the OLD version (LPILE1) for DOS that I used years ago.

It isn't clear what, short of having the geotech derive P-Y curves, information is needed to input into some of the "typical" soil strata models built into the program.

Any suggestions?