Re: duplication of plans

Bill,

In many respects I agree with you 100 percent.  I do have to say that the
work SEAOC did on conventional framing was an attempt to address the
concerns of zone 4.  Kelly Cobeen, Jim Russell, the housing task force, and
others did calculations and justifications for panel lengths, spacings,
locations, sill bolt size and spacing, etc.

Conventional framing is an approach that will remain in the building codes
and will have to be modified a little at a time.