RE: Bolted Moment Connections

Tom Murray has some publications about bolted end plates.  The 3 hinged arches used in prefab metal buildings uses a bolted end plate moment splice at the eaves.  Be careful in calculating the flexibility contribution of the plates for deflection.

Harold Sprague
Krawinkler, Luth & Assoc.
4412 W. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537