Re: duplication of plans

Let me get this straight:  Builders are objecting to paying another $250. to
an engineer to ensure that a few little items of continuity are properly
completed on mass housing?  That doesn't make sense to me.  How many people
would be "priced out of" a house by $250.  Let's see, amortized over 25 years,
that's.....

Could it be that this is just a great fear that the $250 engineer might find
10 or 20 times as much in deficiencies that must be corrected--such as
requiring conformance to the drawings, actually doing what the code requires,
not overdriving nails into shear wall plywood, eliminating "air nails", not
countersinking anchor bolts 3/4 of the way through a mud sill because they
were set too low, etc., etc.