Re: Email Standards

While on the subject of e-mail programs, I have a small problem that (maybe) someone out there can help me with. I have recently converted from MS Internet Mail and News to WordPerfect Suite 8's Corel Central which uses an integrated version of Netscape Communicator. The e-mail program is very nice and is a more productive tool than MS Mail and News as well as MS Outlook. One problem I have (I also had this problem when I installed the free standing Netscape Communicator) is translating my (old) e-mail in the MS format to a Netscape file. Netscape tech. support once told me that there was a utility available to convert an Outlook Express file, but, alas, I had to remove Outlook Express when I removed IE 4.0 (due to conflicting ActiveMovie.dll files).

Does anyone know of a way to convert a MS Mail and News e-mail file (Inbox, Sent Items) to Netscape format? The file formats appear to be .mbx files which I can convert to Exchange format (mailbox.pst) files and then into Outlook (Outlook.pst) files from which (whew!) I can export into various formats including ASCII files (both comma and tab delimited), dBase files, etc. I tried this with my address book (exporting from Outlook into ASCII file, then importing into Corel Central), but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance,
Bill Allen