Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wood[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: Wood
- From: Drew Morris <drew(--nospam--at)Alaska.NET>
- Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 23:54:12 -0900
I recently sat through a seminar on the 1997 UBC and the speaker mentioned the problems that occurred after the Northridge EQ. Are there referances and publications that deal mostly with the problems noticed with conventional wood framing? I am interested in getting references to the problems that occurred with sill plate anchor bolts and tiedowns. Also, did the homes engineered for lateral forces handle the earthquake better than the homes designed by the prescriptive design chapter in the UBC?
- Prev by Subject: WINNERS!!! 1998 Spring Seminar
- Next by Subject: Re: Wood
- Previous by thread: RE: Which Club to Join
- Next by thread: Re: Wood