Re: Email Standards

I had no idea you were THAT interested in what I had to say, Roger :o) ! At your request, I have changed my e-mail settings so that I send both formats. Although this will bloat the transmissions slightly, it is the only way I know of to get the best of both worlds. While I apreciate the intellectual efforts of the minimalists (those trying to get the most from the least), it shouldn't be a "ball and chain".

Regards,
Bill Allen

Roger Turk wrote:

Glad that you said it Stan!

I, too, have not been able to read a number of Bill Allen's posts.  Normally,
his posts have the ASCII as the Part I, and the HTML attached as the Part II
of the message.  I have an "HTML Stripper" that will strip the embedded HTML
comments from a message, however, the problem that I have is that all binary
files are downloaded into a separate directory with the name, MAIL###.BIN, so
finding the files is the first chore, then stripping the HTML out to be able
to read it cleanly is another chore, and, finally, having posts from this
list in two different directories, let alone two different files is another
problem.

Bill, turn off that "HTML Only" switch, <please>!

Now, speaking as an old navy man, the fastest speed of a convoy is the
maximum speed of the slowest ship.  This should also apply to interchange of
information.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona
*   Association of California (SEAOC) email server. To
*   admin(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the message type
*   "join seaoc" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
*   to admin(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the message
*   type "leave seaoc" (no quotes). For questions, send
*   email to seaoc-ad(--nospam--at)seaoc.org. Remember, any email you
*   send to the list is public domain and may be reposted
*   site at: http://www.seaoc.org