Listserv membership

In a message dated 98-03-10 00:19:07 EST, wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com write:

> In a recent private discussion, I learned that there are some 6,000
>  subscribers to this list. I don't believe it!

Shafat,

I once helped administer a listserv using a program called Majordomo.  The
program allowed subscribers to submit requests for information about the
activities and status of the listserv.  For example, if the SEAOC listserv
used this program, sending an e-mail to majordomo(--nospam--at)seaoc.org, and in the body
of the e-mail typing 'who seaoc-members' would generate an e-mail reply that
contains a list of subscribers.

Is there similar capability in the program you are using?

Frank Lew, SE
Orinda, CA