Survey on the Benefits of EQ Mitigation

I am a graduate student at the University of Pennsylvania and a member of
SEAONC.  I have been a subscriber to this listserve for a few months now,
"on fringe of things", reading all the emails posted daily but not
participating.

You see, I've been reading the emails to get a feel for those involved.
And to be honest, to target individuals to fill out a survey on the
benefits of certain earthquake mitigation techniques for residential wood
frame structures.

As part of my dissertation, I'm looking into the uncertainty involved with
not only earthquake hazard analysis, but the expected damage to structures
and the corresponding monetary loss. I sent out a survey this week to 500
members of SEAOC (mostly registered Structural Engineers) asking their
"expert opinion" on this subject.

This posting is to let you know to look for it in the mail! And if you
don't get one in a week or so (and you'd like to fill it out), I'd be
happy to send you one.  Just email me (pgross(--nospam--at)seas.upenn.edu).

Thanks.

Patricia
--
Patricia A. Grossi, PE