Re: Message to those Lur

Tom Chiu wrote:

. > >                      Name: winmail.dat
. > >    winmail.dat       Type: DAT File
. > (application/x-unknown-content-type-dat_auto_file)
. > >                  Encoding: base64
. > ________________________________________________________________________
. >
. > Dennis:  This is the "WINMAIL.DAT" I was referring to, I can't read it,
. > what plug-in do I need for this?
. >
. > Tom Chiu

Tom,

I think that what you are experiencing is due to your e-mail program.  My
e-mail program saves attached binary files, numbered sequentially, in a
separate directory as, "MAIL###.BIN" and apparently your program saves them
as "winmail.dat."  I don't know what it is either, but it apparently is
something associated with Microsoft Mail as "looking" at the file, the
semi-intelligible thing in the first line is, "IPM.Microsoft Mail.Note."
Most of the rest is gibberish.  I delete them with gusto!

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona