Re: Survey on the Benefits of EQ Mitigation

Dear Patricia,

I am not sure if I fit into your category of expert.

I have only repaired 600 or 700 masonry and timber buildings after teh Newcastel
Earthquake.

But I would like to fill in your survey if possible

And to understand what you are researching.  Have you published anything yet.

At 02:47 PM 10/3/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I am a graduate student at the University of Pennsylvania and a member of
>SEAONC.  I have been a subscriber to this listserve for a few months now,
>"on fringe of things", reading all the emails posted daily but not
>participating.
>
>You see, I've been reading the emails to get a feel for those involved.
>And to be honest, to target individuals to fill out a survey on the
>benefits of certain earthquake mitigation techniques for residential wood
>frame structures.
>
>As part of my dissertation, I'm looking into the uncertainty involved with
>not only earthquake hazard analysis, but the expected damage to structures
>and the corresponding monetary loss. I sent out a survey this week to 500
>members of SEAOC (mostly registered Structural Engineers) asking their
>"expert opinion" on this subject.
>
>This posting is to let you know to look for it in the mail! And if you
>don't get one in a week or so (and you'd like to fill it out), I'd be
>happy to send you one.  Just email me (pgross(--nospam--at)seas.upenn.edu).
>
>Thanks.
>
>Patricia
>--
>Patricia A. Grossi, PE
>PhD Candidate
>Department of Systems Engineering
>University of Pennsylvania

Thank you for your help.

       \|/
     o(o o)o
-oOO---(_)---OOo-----------------------------------------------------
Mr John Nichols
(humble post grad looking at masonry failure under dynamic loads)
This is where I live.

     /     \              - Email                           -
    (       )          ==>- cejn(--nospam--at)engmail.newcastle.edu.au   -<==
     \_;-._*<--           - Fax 049 216991                  -
Dept of Civil, Surveying and Environmental Engineering
University of Newcastle
University Drive, Callaghan NSW