Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: email attachments[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: email attachments
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: 10 Mar 98 19:34:10 -0500
I too get email attachments with filenames such as "winmail.dat" or "anonymous-attn" and labeled as binary files. My employer's software (Oracle Office) attaches these to my received email and I can't find a way to delete such attachments - so they just take up extra space if I save the email. Bill Allen's email of 3-9-98 came up as an empty email with an attachment on my system. I thought he forgot to type a message and deleted the post. I recovered it and found the attachment is labeled "anonymous-atta" but labeled as an HTML document. I don't have an HTML browser on my computer at work, so I don't have a way to read it. (And it would be time consuming to save the attachment and open another program just to read the post!) Thus I vote for staying with ASCII until HTML is much more prevalent.
- Prev by Subject: Re: RE:Email
- Next by Subject: email list
- Previous by thread: Re: Caissionse
- Next by thread: Curved Girder Bridge Software