Re: Landslide

Ernie:

I don't know enough about this particular residence, but I've designed a
number of foundations for residences on drilled piers or on poles set in
holes where the geotech provided a large creep load and we've been involved
where a whole hill that was moving had to be resisted by a keyed in
retaining wall.

But with a water saturated hill and other serious problems, it might be
kinda hard to call this one.

I always try to make sure that the geotech and I are on the same wave
length -- have some clients who would like us never to talk to each other!

Neil Moore
S.E.