Re: Tank Deadman

I'm designing a concrete deadman for an underground storage tank subjected to
a bouyant force due to water level rising above an empty tank. I'm using two
flat straps restraining the tank and connected to the 12 inch thick concrete
slab below the tank. In calculating the downward forces resisting the bouyant
force, how much of the soil above the tank and the deadman can I use.? How
much is the net weight of the soil(soil weight minus bouyant force due to the
volume of water displaced by the soil, in PCF)? Can I use the horizontal
projected area of the soil directly above the tank and the concrete slab
deadman up to the soil surface above? Can anybody who have experience in this
design give me comments, suggestions or reference material.

Thanks in advance.

Ernie Natividad