Re: Structural I Study Guides

seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org,Internet writes:
I am going to take the Structural I exam here in Georgia and would like
to know if there are any good study guides out there?

Mike Zaitz

I just took it last Fall.  I bought the NCEES Structures I & II sample exam.
It is okay, accept it is out of date of current codes and test format.  The
Current format is you must complete all 8 questions, no optional questions.
Also, the bridge questions are in metric but the sample questions are in
English.

Let me ask a question here for others to respond to.  My 1995 AASHTO code
(the one required for the exam) is in English, yet the question I had on the
exam was in metric.  If you do not have a metric code how can you solve a
metric question?  I converted all my units to english on the test and solved
it and then converted it back to metric for the answer, but this seemed
stupid.  What's the purpose, to see if I can convert?  It seems to me that if
the question is to be metric then the code should be metric.

Let me know if you find a good source for info on the Structures II exam.

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team
rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org