Re: Structural I Study Guides

On 11 Mar 1998, Richard Lewis wrote:

> Let me ask a question here for others to respond to.  My 1995 AASHTO code
> (the one required for the exam) is in English, yet the question I had on the
> exam was in metric.
> It seems to me that if the question is to be metric then the code should
> be metric.

AASHTO has both an "US Customary Units" version of the LRFD Bridge code
AND a "SI Units" version of the LRFD Bridge code.

You can buy the AASHTO LRFD Bridge code in either set of units.   Some
DOT's work entirely in Metric, some entirely in "US Units" and some use
both.

Ed.S.
Edwin R. Schmeckpeper, P.E., Ph.D.
Department of Civil Engineering                   Phone  : (208) 885-6702
University of Idaho                               FAX    : (208) 885-6608
Moscow, Idaho 83844-1022                          E-Mail : eds(--nospam--at)uidaho.edu