Re: Landslide

We do lots of hillside homes.  You need a good soils report, and then design
accordingly.  36" diamter piles with lots of reinforcing is not uncommon.  The
largest piles we have designed so far were 48" diameter with about 30-#11 bars
going about 72' total length!  (It's only money.)  Beyond 48" diameter piles,
it's usually time to sit down and rethink the project.

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.