From: Roger Turk +ADw-73527.1356+AEA-compuserve.com+AD4-
To: seaoc+AEA-seaoc.org +ADw-seaoc+AEA-seaoc.org+AD4-
Date: Thursday, March 12, 1998 9:33 AM
Subject: Fw: International Collec

+AD4-Thor Tandy asks:
+AD4-
+AD4-. +AD4- Does any one know why +ACIAJgAi- is popping up for characters such as
+AD4-. +AD4- amphersands and punctuation marks?  And is this happening to the
posting
+AD4-. +AD4- or just me?
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-I am getting it also.
+AD4-
+AD4-Looking thru my HTML stripper document printout, I see that the ampersand
+AD4AIgAm-xxx+ACI- represents an +ACI-entity reference+ACI- in an HTML file.  The example that
is
+AD4-used is that, +ACIAJg-copy+ACI- represents the copyright symbol.
+AD4-
+AD4-If you are creating your post in HTML and then saving/sending it as
+AD4-ASCII text, your conversion routine might be replacing +ACIAJg- +ACI- with +ACIAJgAi-.
+AD4-
+AD4-A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
+AD4-Tucson, Arizona
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4AKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKg- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKg- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAq-
+AD4AKg-   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
+AD4AKg-   Association of California (SEAOC) email server. To
+AD4AKg-   subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
+AD4AKg-   admin+AEA-seaoc.org and in the body of the message type
+AD4AKg-   +ACI-join seaoc+ACI- (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
+AD4AKg-   to admin+AEA-seaoc.org and in the body of the message
+AD4AKg-   type +ACI-leave seaoc+ACI- (no quotes). For questions, send
+AD4AKg-   email to seaoc-ad+AEA-seaoc.org. Remember, any email you
+AD4AKg-   send to the list is public domain and may be reposted
+AD4AKg-   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
+AD4AKg-   site at: http://www.seaoc.org
+AD4AKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKg- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKg-
+AD4-