Re: & Characters from Listserver

Folks,

listserv cannot be html-compliant, and for them html-encoded postings show up
with extraneous garbage.  The example above is typical.   Such nonsense are
increasingly showing up ever since someone suggested tinkering with the
settings on our e-mail programs to display and submit html-encoded e-mail.

Recent postings indicate that even fans of html agree we should remain with
ascii e-mail for now.  This message is aimed at those of you who have tinkered
with your settings:  PLEASE check that you have returned your settings back to
the default ascii format.

Frank Lew, SE
Orinda, CA