RE: International Collecting on Invoices

Isn't this a NAFTA (or the other global pact) related issue that could end
up in front of a tribunal rather than a court?

Dennis Wish PE

+AHw------Original Message-----
+AHw-From: T +AFs-mailto:vicpeng+AEA-vtcg.com+AF0-
+AHw-Sent: Thursday, March 12, 1998 7:19 AM
+AHw-To: seaoc+AEA-seaoc.org
+AHw-Subject: Re: International Collecting on Invoices
+AHw-
+AHw-
+AHw-We did structural engineering on 5 residences in Japan for a Wisconsin
based
+AHw-export house design +ACY- build company.  Also on a trip to Japan for both own
+AHw-and that company's business we carried out site inspections and reporting.
+AHw-
+AHw-Our invoices to that company are now nearly 1 year old.
+AHw-
+AHw-Does anyone have experience in collecting on +ACI-cross border+ACI- invoices for
+AHw-professional services?  We are beginning to tire of what appears to be a
+AHw-growing epidemic+ACE-
+AHw-
+AHw-We are loathe to just consider it a price of doing business and strategies
+AHw-could be allowed to degenerate (ethics encourage otherwise) to splashing
the
+AHw-company name everywhere as a bad debt etc.
+AHw-
+AHw-Thor Tandy  .Eng
+AHw-Victoria  BC
+AHw-
+AHw-
+AHw-
+AHwAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKg- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKg- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAq-
+AHwAKg-   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
+AHwAKg-   Association of California (SEAOC) email server. To
+AHwAKg-   subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
+AHwAKg-   admin+AEA-seaoc.org and in the body of the message type
+AHwAKg-   +ACI-join seaoc+ACI- (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
+AHwAKg-   to admin+AEA-seaoc.org and in the body of the message
+AHwAKg-   type +ACI-leave seaoc+ACI- (no quotes). For questions, send
+AHwAKg-   email to seaoc-ad+AEA-seaoc.org. Remember, any email you
+AHwAKg-   send to the list is public domain and may be reposted
+AHwAKg-   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
+AHwAKg-   site at: http://www.seaoc.org
+AHwAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKg- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKg-
+AHw-