Re: & Characters from Listserver

I wish I could blame this on Microsoft, but I don't see how since I do not now use MS Exchange at all.

Regards,
Bill
-=maura=- wrote:

>+AD4APg- Does any one know why +ACIAJgAi- is popping up for characters
such as
>+AD4APg-amphersands and punctuation marks?  And is this happening to the
+AD4APg-posting
>or just me?

Relax, it's not you.
Welcome to the wonderful world of MICROSOFT. It's not a bug it's a feature.
It causes you to seek contact and solace with other poor souls similarly
afflicted, thereby increasing the possibility of world peace.

try this:
select OPTIONS from the TOOLS menu in Exchange or Windows Messaging
choose the SERVICES tab
select INTERNET MAIL from the list
( if it is not there, select ADD and add it to the list)
click PROPERTIES
then click MESSAGE FORMAT
click CHARACTER SET
change the selection from ISO-8859-2 to US ASCII
click OK
click OK again

it just might work.

Maura Gatensby Architect
Vancouver, Canada
*   Association of California (SEAOC) email server. To
*   admin(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the message type
*   "join seaoc" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
*   to admin(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the message
*   type "leave seaoc" (no quotes). For questions, send
*   email to seaoc-ad(--nospam--at)seaoc.org. Remember, any email you
*   send to the list is public domain and may be reposted
*   site at: http://www.seaoc.org