RE: Which Club to Join

>Dear Dennis,

Thank you for your reply on SEOC.  We have a similiar thing in Australia
called the Institution of Engineers.  You will not find them on the internet
or I canna till yet.

The quote is from Richter in his seminal text.  I think of it when ever
people refer to impossible to use standards that are so technical even the
experts have problems with them.  The current Austrailian Standard fro Steel
is possibly a typcal example.

There is another one by a famous immigrant to the US along similair lines
you might like:

Unsitte vieler Stationen, die Diagramme nach den Laufzeitkurven zu bearbeiten.
I had written to here when I got your dinner comments so I added

Your comments on the dinner last night are interesting and It was another
famous American who gave the definitive reply to such people

"Nuts"

Come on lets see how good you Yanks are who said it and when and to whom?

>A famous Californian once said
>
>::There is little to justify the common tacit assumption that the strongest
>shaking known to have affected a given point in the past will not be
>exceeded there.

:::::::