Re:

No.  The problem seemed to affect only parentheses, amphersands et al. And yes I do speak English and Japanese and there has not been any confusion between the two.  If the problem persists I may bore you all with more bits of rubbish until I get it fixed.  I seek your forbearance in these matters.
-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Chiu +ADw-Tomchiu+AEA-worldnet.att.net+AD4-
To: seaoc+AEA-seaoc.org +ADw-seaoc+AEA-seaoc.org+AD4-
Date: Thursday, March 12, 1998 7:44 PM
Subject: Re:

+AD4APg- T wrote:
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg- +AD4- Test on new settings.
+AD4APg- +AD4-
+AD4APg- +AD4- +ACYAJQAkACMAQAAjACQ-abcde+AD0-?/+AD4APA-
+AD4APg- +AD4-
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-
+AD4AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXw-
+AD4-Is that Mr.T from out of space? parlez vous englais?
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4AKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKg- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKg- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAq-
+AD4AKg-   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
+AD4AKg-   Association of California (SEAOC) email server. To
+AD4AKg-   subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
+AD4AKg-   admin+AEA-seaoc.org and in the body of the message type
+AD4AKg-   +ACI-join seaoc+ACI- (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
+AD4AKg-   to admin+AEA-seaoc.org and in the body of the message
+AD4AKg-   type +ACI-leave seaoc+ACI- (no quotes). For questions, send
+AD4AKg-   email to seaoc-ad+AEA-seaoc.org. Remember, any email you
+AD4AKg-   send to the list is public domain and may be reposted
+AD4AKg-   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
+AD4AKg-   site at: http://www.seaoc.org
+AD4AKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKg- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAq- +ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKg-
+AD4-