Re: OC Dinner Meeting - March, 1998

Bill Allen, S.E. wrote:

> Amen!! But, how do we achieve this?
>
> Regards,
> Bill Allen
>
> Tom Chiu wrote:
>
> > We need to put more practical writers to do a major
> > surgery on our Code.
> >
> > Tom Chiu, SE

Easy, fire all the nonpractical ones. It's kind of frustrating to read
the Code, don't you think so?  Too many grey area, exceptions, footnotes
etc. It's like a roller-coaster flow chart to get from point A to B.
Grey area such as periodic inspection should be eliminated, it should be
either with or without inspection. If we know drywall is bad, take it
out of the Code, why leave it there with all sort of exceptions. Well,
it's just my opinions.

Tom Chiu, SE