Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Landslide[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Landslide
- From: Richard_Ranous/OES(--nospam--at)oes.ca.gov
- Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:42:05 -0800
It appears to me the geotech is providing design requirements for a foundation which will provide a reasonabe degree of safety for the structure. Your concern about designing an economical foundation system so the "owner does not pour all their money into the foundation" is a reasonable concern. However, remember that the owner chose to place the house on that site. Prior to purchasing the lot the owner should have gotten some help to explain the problems associated with building on the lot. A very good friend of mine once reminded me that "you can't clean up after God!" My advice is to take the time to explain the recommendations to the client, including why all the criteria for cracking, settlement, etc. Let your client make an informed choice based on the potential risks.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Landslide
- Next by Subject: Re: Landslide
- Previous by thread: Re: Landslide
- Next by thread: Re: Landslide