RE: micropilots

I sent a private message to Mr. Boschini telling him to ignore the
nincompoop that ridiculed his use of English.

Like Harold Sprague, I can speak and write English with some degree of
proficiency.  During high school, I took two years of French (two years of a
foreign language was a requirement for graduation and college admission in
those days), picked up a little speaking Japanese when I was there, and when
doing graduate work, I sat in a couple of courses in Spanish, Russian and

Hebrew, none of which I can claim any degree of proficiency in.  My only use
of French was when I was in Indo China (Viet Nam) in 1954 and the people
there spoke either Vietnamese or French.  Since Vietnamese was out of the
question, I had to resort to what little French that I remembered and I am
sure that I made much greater mistakes than did Mr. Boschini

When I read or hear a person writing or speaking English and the person's
native tongue is other than English, I admire them for their ability and
courage and know that I would do nowhere near as well in their native
language.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona