Re: Landslide

Ralph:

Actually that kind of language has been in various geotechs for years (that
is the rebar recommendations).  Although I've always ignored their advice
and designeds the piers for the particular problem and it's usually a more
steel, etc.  One thing, though, that we do forget, is a civil-civil using
this report and going with this recommendation.  The bottom line would be
at least some reinforcing got in the pier.  Bad scenario.

But it does happen.

Neil Moore, S.E.
on a high tonight after a 50k today.

Most pier I design are usually five or six feet in diameter and anywhere
from 20 to 30 feet deep.