Re: micropilots

When I went to school, we had a professor for our structures class that was
from northern Europe with a very heavy accent.  And because his accent was
so awful, you paid double extra attention to him and the learning seemed to
be easier.

As this was an all men's college, our language was a little rough and as he
was more or less still learning English, he picked up all of our slang and
cuss words.

Eventually he was invited to a faculty party.  You can guess the rest.  The
bottom line is that a couple of the other professors had to take him aside
for some "advice".

This happened many years ago (47), but I still remember and love this guy.
He was the one who turned me on to the excitement of structural engineering
and he must have done something right, as all of the guys in my class
became S.E.'s.

Neil Moore, S.E.