Re: x-brace question

Sorry that I didn't get to your message sooner.

You can find the artical regard the wall thickness
of tubings built in North America that I refered to in:

Modern Steel Construction Feb 1997
Designing With Structural Tubing
by Donald R. Sherman
Page 37

or

AISC Engineering Journal / Third Q. 1996
Page 102 by the same author above

Please take a look of the "StlShape" out on the site
Properties for tubes are modified

Respecfully

Sam Chang, SE
Cupertino CA

>Date: 11 Mar 98 13:00:00
>From: itsekson(--nospam--at)eichleayca.com (ITSEKSON SASHA)

>Sam,
>
>What is the issue of the Modern Steel Construction you are referring
to?
How did you adjust geometrical properties of the tubes (by reducing the
wall thickness)?