Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Introibo etc.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Introibo etc.
- From: John Nichols <cejn(--nospam--at)engmail.newcastle.edu.au>
- Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 12:15:45 +1100
Dear Bob, You are now immortalized in my bibliography witht the following quote. James Joyce Introibo ad altare Dei. Translation : "I will go unto the altar of God" Bob Mahony in fact - " Introibo ad altarem Dei" - for the correct accusative case. It is the beginning of the old Roman Catholic Mass. So much for the benefits of a Catholic schooling and learning Latin. Thanks heaps. With regard to your note on pipes :: I always remember taking young engineers out to look at pipes in the field. One once forgot to check them before they were back filled. He learnt that lesson well when he had to crawl up a 450 mm pipe for 200 metres on his back and check all the joints. laughing John At 16:05 15/03/98 -0800, you wrote: > > > >"I will go unto the altar of God" >- in fact - " Introibo ad altarem Dei" - for the correct accusative >case. >It is the begining of the old Roman Catholic Mass. >So much for the benefits of a Catholic schooling and learning Latin. >Regards, >Bob Mahony. > >P.S. Thanks for the comments on culvert loads. > > > > > > >== > >Bob Mahony > >_________________________________________________________ >DO YOU YAHOO!? >Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com > > >
- Prev by Subject: Re: Internet Charges for Phone Lines
- Next by Subject: Issues in Forensic Engineering '98
- Previous by thread: Re: x-brace question
- Next by thread: Quotables